it's officiall ...

spring has come to Aomori!!

Top 10 signs you know spring has come:

1. Smoke is rising from the rice fields as the farmers burn (still not sure what, but I've been told it's all the foilage and junk collected in the fields during winter) stuff all day.

2. People have changed their tires.

3. It's sunny!

4. Hanami is in full swing (hanami = flower viewing = drinking under the cherry blossoms in the parks).

5. Only need to use my heater late at night and early in the morning.

6. No longer need to turn off the water at night for fear of it freezing.

7. The new school year has started.

8. You get stuck driving 5 km/hr behind the grannies/grandaddies on their bicycles.

9. You start seeing all the spring vegetables/fruits/fish on sale (but I'm still not sure what they are!).

10. And just in case you didn't recognize all of the above, there's plenty of commercials on TV telling you it's spring.

Ahhh ... spring in Japan is great! They really celebrate the change in seasons here and spring is probably the best as it signifies a new start for everything.

To be honest, I feel like I too am making a new start. I felt like I was on a high during February and March; I was full of hope and positive energy. But this last month has been a big-time roller coaster with ups, downs, loopy loops, side to side, and everything in between. I won't get into all of the gritty details, but I think I'm finally pulling through with a new found strength, deeper faith, and a better understanding of myself and my environment (thank you mom, Fujiko, ellie and uyen for your advice and support!).

Next week I'll be going to Tokyo and can't wait to see everyone who will be there! On the plate for this weekend: Ben and Aki's birthday/welcome Ben's parents party, SGI meetings, playing taiko at a festival in Kanagi, hanami, and seeing the boy. With all of that, there should be a posting of new pictures soon. Stay tuned ...

2 comments:

Oddjob said...

wow! you must have been really excited about spring cuz you posted it 3 times.

know thyself said...

haha ... that's hilarious! i didn't even notice that! doh! will fix that now :)

Copyright © 2008 - Ikimashou ~ Let's go! - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template