back to normal!

Finally :)

I feel like I've been running around like crazy the last few months, but I think things are starting to settle down a bit. Although, I think busy will always be a party of my daily vocabulary.

Last weekend was amazing! 143 of the coolest people in the world (aka SUA alumni) got together in Tokyo for a mad crazy whirlwind of a weekend. But it was really great seeing everyone. They need to rent a convention center for like a week, and just throw us in there and let us do our thing.

For the last month or so, I've been having mini (sometimes not so mini) panick attacks about my future. I've been hearing about how other SUA alumni are doing incredible things both at grad school and in the work force. And as much as I am happy for them, I can't help feeling a bit behind. I feel like I need to start making concrete decisions, but like Jess, I'm a little scared of making the "wrong" decision, whatever that means. Do I want to stay in Japan? Do I want to go back to America? Do I want to go somewhere else? Whatever I do, I want to feel like I'm making a difference, that I'm making a positive contribution to society. I want to respond to my mentor's expectations and dreams.

Last weekend really helped ease my anxieties though. President Ikeda (and SUA founder for those who are reading this blog but may not know who he is) said that he wants us to have confidence in our futures. That it may feel like we aren't doing anything grand now, but our time to shine will come without a doubt.

So with that, this is the tentative plan (once again).

*Stay in Japan for 2 more years (so if you want to visit, better do it soon!).

*After 2 years, go to grad school. I'm currently rethinking what area I want to study in, but I think I would really love to work in the international education field and promote international exchange.

*After that, well ... we'll see.

So I've uploaded pictures of Cherry Blossoms and Tokyo so check em out if you want :)

Here are a few teasers ...










Hirosaki Castle lit up at night.






Nori and I (this is a blog exclusive picture :P)
Best buds in Tokyo! Well, minus a few!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Ikimashou ~ Let's go! - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template