so ... guess what?

i tried to get my first phone number last weekend :P Actually, more like forced too!

it started out like this ... i spent the day with Eric and Rod (Rod is a JET that is leaving and Eric is his successor and has the same supervisor as me) driving all over the Tsugaru peninsula. It's a beautiful place with beaches, lakes, mountains, waterfalls and everything is sooooo green!! I can't wait until i get my car so I can explore more.

I made a child cry for the first time. We had stopped for lunch somewhere and a family came in with 2 kids and of course they were staring at us. So I said waved and said hello and they responded. OOh, I'll try and talk to them a little bit, I think to myself so I go over start saying lines they many kids know (How are you?). While the older child was making an effort to talk to me, the smallest one (who waved to me) had his head on his arm and he was balling!! Crazy huh? Guess he thought I was some big scary white woman about to eat him maybe, I don't know. Kind of funny though, even though I felt bad!

Well after we drove around all day, we went down to the next town over from mine, Goshogawara, to meet up with other JETs for dinner. In total, there was probably about 20 of us and we were having a grand time. Everyone talking and chatting. Well of the JETs (who's actually leaving) invited her supervisor. I thought it was strange until he walked in, quite young and pretty cute too. Well I told her I thought so and she introduced us, but he didn't talk much (very shy man). Anyways, we all went to karaoke (he went somewhere else) and had fun singing at the top of our lungs. Then we went to a bar, where alas, the supervisor was. I sat down next 2 Japanese girls that were next to him and started talking. Told them that I thought he was cute and they made it there goal that night to embarass us both as much as possible trying to hook us up. Well to say the least, didn't really work. He gave me his number and email but because he was so "tired" he made a mistake and my email didn't go through. My friend said he's just too shy. Oh well, what are you going to do? I thought it was kind of promising though, got a number (even though wrong) my first night out on the town! Hmmmm ... perhaps a good sign? Just keep trying :P

Alright, signing out for now. If you want to call me (ask me for my number because I have one now, well at the house anyways). Hebana or sayonara in Tsugaru-ben (the local dialect)!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM GLAD YOU ARE HAVING SO MUCH FUN! sOUNDS LIKE A BEAUTIFUL PLACE. SHAME ON THAT SUP FOR NOT SNATCHING YOU RIGHT UP!!
XOXO MOM

Copyright © 2008 - Ikimashou ~ Let's go! - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template