it's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring

Howdy ya'll ... here's another update for you. It's raining! Maybe that's why Aomori is so green! Well once again, not much to do at the office so I figure I'd blog. Yesterday, Kobayashi-san (Masuyo san, not sure what to call her now because she told me to call her Masuyo but it seems as if everyone calls her Kobayashi) took me to the larger store in town to do some needed shopping. I was suprised at how large the store was, I mean it carries everything! I definately underestimated the town and what it has. Anyways, got a lot of stuff for the house, but still need to go grocery shopping because my fridge is pretty much empty except some natto, yogurt, water, and milk, orange juice, and eggs which my predecessor left. I feel more at home now, but not quite to the point where I can sleep through the night soundly. Last night, I had to leave the tv on so there could be some noise to help comfort me because it's so quite outside but the house makes a lot of noise because it's old. But I woke up at 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, and at 7am I finally got out of bed.

My predecessor came to the office today and we talked for a while. Asked her some questions, and we also got interviewed by the newspaper in town. Other than that, not much to report. Oh yeah, there's a bell system in town that goes off at 6 am (wake your butt up everyone), 12pm (lunch time ya'll), and 6 pm (time to go home - I'm guessing).

ttfn

2 comments:

JackandJel said...

oh my gosh...a town alarm clock? is there a town snooze button for this? :P

glad you're posting about your adventures. it's fun to read. and i'm glad that your supermarket is not as limited as you thought...maybe you can make your broccoli/crab salad.

xo j & a

ps: we need to mail you your map.

Anonymous said...

the ole tv trick! lol
ditto on the store.
can you buy a phone there? haha
hugs, mom

Copyright © 2008 - Ikimashou ~ Let's go! - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template