aomori is very very green!!

Well everyone, I'm officially settled into my new home in what is known as Kanagi, in Aomori prefrecture, in Japan. But first, let me update you a little bit. My last night in Tokyo, I went out with other ALTs from my prefrecture and we had so much fun. The first couple of days I was kind of worried what it was going to be like with all of them, because we weren't all anxious to get to know each other, or so it seemed. Well anyways, we went out to eat and then karaoke and let me tell you, the ice broke! Everyone was drinking and singing as loud as they could and just having a grand ole time.

Well the next day, we had to get up nice and early to catch our flight to Aomori. However, we almost got delayed because there was a typhoon right above Aomori (they rarely ever make it up that far north). Well we had to circle above the airport for almost an hour (after the captain said we might have to go back to Tokyo), before we finally landed. And that's when it was time to meet the supervisor. We all lined up in front of them (there is another guy who has the same supervisor as me, Eric) and bowed and that was it, the grand welcome ceremony. Well Eric and I, and our supervisor and another guy who met us there went out for lunch. They took us to Goshogawara to meet people in the city and to get our gaijin cards (foreigner cards) and then we went to Kanagi. There we met some more people, I got my luggage, and they took me to my house which is down the street from my office. Last night I unpacked as much as I could before I finally passed out. It's a nice house, smells kind of damp so I need to buy some humidity absorbers. But all in all, I'm happy with it. I'd like to get out and explore more, try to meet the neighbors, but I'll take my time with it.

Ok, have to get back to work, or at least pretend like I'm working because they sure haven't given me any tasks! Good times ;)

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Ikimashou ~ Let's go! - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template