And again ...

Maybe I'm addicted to Japan. I always say that I'm going to leave, but then I can never pull myself away. I won't have that option next year though. I'm going back to the States ... for sure!!

It was an extremely difficult decision for me to make this year. Last year, I had decided that I would be finished after four years. I had prepared myself (mentally and emotionally) to leave. I was set on that path. But then the news started pouring in: layoffs in the thousands, unemployment rates highest for my age group, loans becoming difficult to obtain, etc etc. I have dreams, but I don't have anything set in stone. Entering a shaky (at best) economy without anything lined up could end up being financial suicide. Staying in Japan for one more year with a steady income allows for more time to make a smooth transition back.

So I'm staying ... BUT, I have goals:

1) I want to take the GREs
2) I want to take the JLPT, level 1 (once I find out if I passed level 2, if I didn't, then retake it!)
3) I want to visit at least one other country in Japan's vicinity (I still haven't done that!)
4) I want to thoroughly look into my fields of interest: education, physical therapy, Japanese
5) I want to research different graduate programs related to those interests
6) I will make an updated resume (haven't done one in 5 years!)
7) I will save a significant amount of money!
8) I will enjoy the time I have left with the friends I have made here to the fullest extent!

I've made a list, now I can be held accountable! One of the major reasons I wanted to return home was because I felt like I was getting in a rut and I needed to move on. But I don't need to go home to do that. I can do that wherever I am :)

As I said last year, for those who want to visit me while I'm here, you have just about 18 months to do it ... come visit!!!!! heeee

1 comments:

About Us said...

Japan could be like The Godfather "Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in" hee. We'll see you soon. If things start to look up, your bro & I definitely want to visit you before the 18 months is up. :) xoxo ps: good list by the way.

Copyright © 2008 - Ikimashou ~ Let's go! - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template