3 more weeks ...

until election day and I sent my absentee ballot off yesterday!! Woo hoo, now I just want my sticker ;)

I have a proposal for a study. When it comes down to it, I think most people hate taxes. They want to hold on to their money and do with it as they see fit. But we need taxes. Taxes are used to fund schools, hospitals, national programs, interstate highways, national defense, the war in Iraq, and the list goes on and on and on. What if we knew exactly where our taxes were going to be used? What if we could decide how they would be used? Would people be more willing to give more?

For example, you get your W2s and go to fill out your tax report. On your tax report, there are various boxes regarding the different areas where tax money is needed. You have the tax amount you are required to pay. From that amount, you can decide a certain percentage (say 80%) of where that money will be used. And you would have the option to give more than the required amount, which could give you tax credit for subsequent years. Anyways, you get the point right? I wonder how a system like this would work ... or even if it could work~

It just makes me so angry, there is plenty of wealth to share and yet there are so many who live in the lap of luxury, with homes for every season, cars for every day of the week, and clothes closets the size of my childhood home. Money doesn't guarantee happiness, but helping others does. We have to change as a society or we're doomed like all the other great nations that have fallen. And let's start with the kids. Let's ensure that they are healthy and have a good education, or else we are really asking for it!! Alright, my rant for today is done :P

On a lighter note, I'm thoroughly enjoying the fall colors here and the crisp morning and evening air. (sorry, no pictures, lost my camera's sd card and the pictures on it ... so sad!). Fall has to be the best season. It has the best food. It's not longer hot, but not too cold yet. And there is nothing better than cozying up under a blanket (or a friends kotatsu) with a good cup of hot coco and watching a good movie :) Most recently watched movie ~ Penelope! So cute!!!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Ikimashou ~ Let's go! - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template