returned to lots of shoveling!

well i'm finally back in kanagi. actually came back a couple of days ago, but you know ...

had a great time in tokyo. got to meet up with lots of people including andy!















it was really nice seeing everyone! also enjoyed my last few days in a land without snow. went to "sgi town" in tokyo and ran into some people there. the craziest one was steve mortan and that was in a convenience store!!! of all places to run into somebody ... must have been good timing. anyways he said to say hi to the family and bros! also saw cece and karina from the 2nd class.

well the trip up to kanagi was much more enjoyable than the trip down. got to ride a really nice bus back up. rode 2 trains to get home and when i got to my house my jaw dropped!! this is what i saw ...















see those two little black specks? those are my windshield whipers and they are under nearly 2 feet of snow! i forgot to tell my neighbors that i was going down to tokyo so they didnt shovel for me and when i came back they said they thought i was sick or something because i wasn't coming out. oye ... sorry for now telling you and making you worry! :/ well everyone stood by to see if i could get into my house and after trecking thigh deep i made it to my door and got it. settled down and went to tackle the snow. shoveled for about 20 minutes before my neighbor came out and started helping me. an hour later my landlord's wife came down the street and saw we still had a ways to go so she got her shovel and started helping. then she went and got her husband and he came and helped too. it still took over 3 hours just to clear the area around my car and to my door though! it was crazy!!! thank goodness they helped though otherwise it would have been a really long day.

the last couple of days ive been relaxing at home and cleaning. did some shoveling yesterday for another hour and half. at least i'm getting my exercise! and it's actually not as worse as other areas in japan that are really getting hit hard! finally back to work tomorrow so life should be getting back to its regular schedule of waking up at 5:30 and going to bed at around 9 or 10! heee ... fun, fun fun!

check my pictures page for other pictures! :)

2 comments:

doogie said...

I don't think I'd be able to shovel as much as you are...gurrrl, you must be getting some GUNZZZ of steel there...:) HOpe the snow melts soon :)

.fLoOreDFuN. said...

WOAH! That's so much snow! I hope you're enjoying in the land of the white fuzzy stuff. I'll be enjoying 68*F weather just fine. ;).

Copyright © 2008 - Ikimashou ~ Let's go! - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template