Happy New Year!!!

My first post on the first day of the year of the dog (take that sentence ridden with prepositions Professor Williams ~ hee :P). Well the first day is rapidly coming to a close even though it's just beginning for many of you back home. I wanted to send a big shout out to everyone who sent me stuff in the mail, it was a great homecoming (much better than the snow) after my brief vacation in Sapporo.

Jack and Angel ~ thanks for the video - it's such a cute move, i've actually already watched it twice and the greek boy is soooooo cute - at least i assume it's from you guys. can't wait to read the book as well!

Jessica - thank you for the lovely card, it's now resting on my fridge.

Mom and Dad - your package is still waiting for me at the post office but i'm hoping to be able to pick it up tomorrow.

Lisa K - thanks for the message and post card, wish i could have been there with you guys too!

Aaron and Jenny - thank you for the card, the picture of Austin is also on my fridge.

Paul - thanks for the new years post card! see you soon.

I think that's everyone ... ok, so are you all wondering how i've been in my absence from blog? well i had a great time in sapporo. got to see a lot of my friends from school and spend a lot of quality time with my host family. they recently moved to a fantastic house in which i was never cold and got to take a bath in a tub that i actually fit in (with jets too!!). ate lots of good food, received a couple of small gifts and just had a good time. came home last night and was somewhat relieved to find that my neighbors have been shoveling in front of my car while i've been gone. BUT i still have lots of shoveling to do yet. today was spent cleaning, rearranging my living room, defrosting one of my pipes, and also went to a meeting.

i'll let you in on some of my new years resolutions:
1) stop biting my nails!!! i was so good last year and then on the plane ride over to japan they got all screwed up from the luggage and just havent stopped biting since.
2) shovel more! try and keep up before my house implodes from the weight!
3) lose some weight, but maybe that will go hand in hand with #2
4) read and study more. just cuz im no longer in college doesnt mean i shouldnt stop learning!
5) write more ... i still havent sent any postcards or letters! oye. i promise i will try!!

ok, i think thats enough for now. i hope you all had a great year in 2005 and hope you have an even better one in 2006. may it bring happiness, love, and most importantly of all ... growth!!

1 comments:

JackandJel said...

I'm so glad that you had a wonderful holidays! You are one missed girly though.

Yes that video "Sister of the Traveling Pants" is from us... but you should have a couple of more parcels coming. :)

Also I was watching "In Good Company" with your Topher Grace. I thought of YOU. Have you seen it? I'd love to send it over to you. Let me know.

We loved all of our Christmas gifts. Thank you!!!!

We luv u!
J&A

Copyright © 2008 - Ikimashou ~ Let's go! - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template