yes!!! i finally have internet!!!

wah hooo is all i can say!!

so much to blog, but i guess ill leave out all of the minute details that i usually put into my blogs to save you from reading pages and pages :P

school started last wednesday and it's been going really well. all ive been doing in self introduction lessons (telling them about me), and acting like a fool in class to get some laughter out of them. all in all, ive been getting positive reactions in the classroom and my teachers tell me that students are telling them that they like me so far. but will i actually be able to teach them is the question. i got my first proposition by a student the other day ... during the whole class he was asking me if i have a boyfriend and if he could be mine, and if i would marry him and just being really silly. i just kept telling him you're too young! the students all say hi to me in the hall way, so it's nice. my teachers (JTEs) are good too. some of them cant actually speak english that well, so im using my japanese more than i thought i would, but i try and speak english with the teachers.

had my first enkai (welcome party) last week from one of my junior high schools. i have a feeling that i will really enjoy that school, everyone is really friendly there and there are a few teachers who are really young, including one of my english teachers ... he's only 24! im pretty lucky with the school lunches too, i guess my schools are known for having the best school lunches. had an elementary school visit on monday and the kids there are sooooo cute! i played with them during lunch and i couldnt understand them half of the time because they speak the local dialect, tsugaru ben.

other news, oh yeah ... i traveled down to akita (prefrecture south of aomori) this weekend and what a trip! i picked up 3 others and we drove for 8 hours to the campsite to joing 30 other jets to watch the number one fireworks competition in japan. the fireworks were amazing but i think ill remember the drive best. we were just being incredibly silly and stupid during the drive and the scenery was absolutely breathtaking! on the way back, we took a "scenic" route that added another 2 hours. we drove through a mountain pass that was all gravel with crazy turns, but we saw a monkey, some dog looking like creature, and found an incredible play ground at this campsite in the middle of the mountains. got home really late, but it was a good trip. a lot of fun!

i guess thats it for now. after i get my next paycheck, ill probably buy a digital camera so i can start adding pictures to this site. until then, you'll just have to use my magical descriptions to imagine everything in you own head! :P

good night ~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you're doing well at school no big suprise to us. we knew you'll be good at this I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures. how is your front door?

Anonymous said...

Yahoo internet!!! I am so excited for you and that your classes are fun! You should ask the little boy who wants to marry you if he has an older brother hehe! love you and miss you! xoxox

Copyright © 2008 - Ikimashou ~ Let's go! - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template